Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Entry #30

October 30'th, Tuesday

I was freezing cold, and that was how I woke up; shivering. It's not a good way, but it's surely effective. I trudged through some frosted over autumn leaves, covering over like garnish on top of the blanket of red. I confess, that made me remember a little bit of Fenrir. I think I might even miss him. Something might be wrong with me.

I almost walked right past this small girl I met. She was covered in nothing but a small scrapped tan dress. I talked to her for a little bit, and I found out she came from a poor family, and was sitting on the practically abandoned path to sell some matches. She wouldn't come across anyone from here, and she seemed so cold, that I was sad. I didn't even have any money to buy them from her. So instead, I gave her the tin heart. It seemed the only thing. She seemed happy with it, though. I wonder if she's ever gotten a gift in her entire life, to be pleased with that sort of thing. But we tried lighting the matches, and when we put it under one of them, it burst into flame. It was practically a bonfire. It burned up, though. I doubt there is anything remaining. But if it helped her, then it should be fine. I'm happy with that.

I passed a bridge, and on the other side was three goats. They were all serene with their tails flipping back and forth in bliss as they ate the green grass in harmony. I talked to them, and learned that my mothers 'castle' is over in less than a days walk. They offered to take me there. I agreed. I suppose I'll have to see her eventually. We stopped a few miles short, and are staying outside tonight. My travel partners are all strange, and usually are not human. Well, that's that, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment