Friday, October 26, 2012

Entry #26

October 26'th, Friday

Sleeping in a carriage is really something you shouldn't do, especially when it disappears at noon. You get cramps in your neck and back, and it feels like you can't get them out no matter what you do. When we arrived there, I thought we had made a mistake. A house on chicken feet stood in the midst of us. Skulls littered the yard. It gave me the most unpleasant chill, and I was entirely ready to turn around and go back, but Fenrir took one swift look and confirmed it was my granny's house. I had no choice then. But when we tried to walk to the door, it suddenly seemed on the other side, and we couldn't get through. "Turn your back to the forest, and your front to me," Fenrir said to it. The door revealed itself. I asked him how he knew to say that, and he just said that he once had business with the Baba. But I couldn't even wonder about what that business was, because a pretty blond lady with fairy wings on her back came flying through and almost killed me with the collision. "Help! Help!" she cried.  Bewildered, I watched as an incredibly old lady with a face like withered paper stretched over a skull came out and stood in the doorway, staring down hard at the pretty blond lady who had tears on her face. She was incredibly scary. She was nothing what I ever imagined her to be like; my granny. No, not granny. Grandmother. A person like her is definitely a 'Grandmother' over 'granny'. That's the feeling I get from her.

Whilst we were drinking an interesting blue tea(made out of blue roses, I hear), I figured out who the blond lady was, a bit more of who my Grandmother is. The blond lady is a Fairy-Godmother, a helper of her related daughters, and gives them a solution to some of their problems when things get tough. She's the one who sent the pumpkin carriage(well, at Baba Yaga's command). My Grandmother knew we were coming. That was the first surprise. And the second was that she is a witch- one you might not want to work with either. She. is. dangerous. And the third surprise was that I was sent there as snack for her. She eats children. What was my mother up to!? But she decided not to eat me for some reason I am eternally grateful for. But I still can't believe she would eat her own kin. I am still her granddaughter. She's like the gingerbread witch, but possibly a lot worse. Fenrir nodded to her as though they had had a hard time before, and she just scowled when she saw his face. I wonder what it was about. And she set us to work. I think I washed over two hundred dishes. My hands are blistered, are as Peter's and Fenrir's, though Fenrir can shape-shift. I am so exhausted at the end of the day, that when I fall onto the bed we're borrowing for the night I'm going to pass out immediately. That's right, we're staying here. We're sleeping here. It's scary and crazy, but we are. According to Fenrir, Baba never goes back on her word. I need to prepare for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment