Monday, October 15, 2012

Entry #15

October 15'th, Monday

Bridget stayed behind in the town, saying she would wait for me to lead her back when the time came. I hope she doesn't get led off by some man, though. Goodness. Fenrir was outside the town, and we started off on the pathway again. With help from Bridget's pretty looks, we managed to subtly beg some food from some people, so my food store is complete in a backpack that I got. I'm feeling pretty good right now. Good food in my stomach is a good day; that's the rule.

It didn't become long before we came to a fork in the path though. Fenrir couldn't remember which way to go, and we were arguing when a striped cat popped up on one of the tree branches above us. "Who are you?" I asked. "Well, who are you?" The Cheshire cat asked. As you can see, he had a bit of a character. We asked him which way we should turn, and where my granny resided. "Oh, she travels about, here and there, it won't be so easy to find her, you know." he answered confusingly. I still don't understand exactly what he means. From what I know, my granny can barely walk? But we turned down the left lane, towards someone called 'March Hare', and when I looked back, the Cheshire cat alarmingly disappeared. I watched him disappear slowly from rear to head. It was weird.

It took most of the day to reach him, but the March Hare is literally a hare. He was having a tea party with a rather short man called the 'Mad Hatter'. What an odd pair. I think they really are all mad. A dormouse was sleeping all the while on the table while they threw things all around. I couldn't even talk to them. The original plan was to ask to stay there for the night, but Fenrir was growling with displeasure and I didn't really like the idea myself, so we're simply spending the night outside a little ways down a cute little river that runs alongside with the path. I took another bath again, and I'm still shivering now. The water was freezing. I'm drying my hair out carefully by the fire. Unlike my sister, whose pet name from people and fans who know her is 'Goldilocks', my hair is short and red, and usually kept in pigtail braids. I like it when it's out of the way. Speaking of pet names, I have one to, though not about hair. 'Little red riding hood', is what they call me; because I love my hood so much. I don't mind. Most people in my village have a pet name like this. I dunno why, some kind of tradition? They're all unique to. It makes for some fun games, at least. I hope it won't be too cold tonight. Well, let's see what happens tomorrow, shall we?


No comments:

Post a Comment