Saturday, October 20, 2012

Entry #20

October 20'th, Saturday

We found Jack. That large building-like thing that we saw yesterday. It is a prison. A very large prison. We were arrested by the same cards we saw yesterday, except this time they were wearing weight leg shackles to keep them to the ground. We just went willingly. This is the second time I've been locked up in some dank, dark, and cold place. Blegh, it's really not my style. Jack was in the cell a few ways down from where we were all locked in. We were able to talk to him when the cards with the spears weren't there. He said he was arrested by this Queen. The Queen had some factories up here to gather cloud. Apparently what they would do would create pillows with it and make a fortune off of each one. It wasn't a good thing, though, because it meant the cloud slowly disappearing much like melting ice. It wouldn't hold his friends the giants. When he resisted, they arrested him. We were just sitting there a few hours later, debating what to do, when the whole prison shook and the roof was lifted off by a giant hand. A giant really is huge. Jack and us got out by Barnabas' strength alone. A pack of cards would stand no chance for him. Barnabas picked us all up and out, and I found out what it was like to ride on a giant's shoulder. It's beautiful. Everything stretched out below us like a map. I felt like I could go anywhere. A giant's voice is like a distant rumble of the earth, so sometimes it was hard to hear him, but he really quite the gentleman. I like him. Peter was hiding in his shirt pocket the entire time, though. It must've been torture. Jack was whooping and screaming for joy. Peter's bird was swooping around and around. Fenrir simply sat on Barnabas' head and took a nap in his hair. Despite what usually goes around giants are actually really clean. And they dress really well. Barnabas was in a tuxedo, and that was just his informal wear! I wonder where they get their resources though.

We stayed like that for a few hours, and I was able to watch dusk come on a giants shoulder. The wind blew constantly and ruffled my hair into an eternal red-headed cotton ball. It's the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen in my lifetime. A waterfall ran off the side of one cloud we saw, and disappeared into mist before it hit the ground eternities below. Off the side of the cloud I was able to see how large the forest of Jarnvior really is(my last name is named after it). It stretches seemingly forever. Like an ocean of green. There were a million mountains fringed in its autumn colors. Lakes reflected the sunset. It really was beautiful.

We finally stopped at Barnabas' house. It is ginormous. I will never be able to describe it to you. The dining table and chair towered centuries above us. How that works, I shall never know. Our dinner was a few "crumbs" of a humongous loaf of bread and a few other things mixed in with it. Did you know Barnabas is a bachelor? That's why he goes around wearing a tuxedo all the time. Giants are pretty rare, and if you happen to meet a female, you want to impress her as much as possible. Reminds me of birds and their funny dances. Well, we're sleeping on the table. Barnabas brought in a few 'scraps' of cloth for us to sleep on. We plan to see this 'Queen' tomorrow and see what she's all about. Jack decided to go with us before going home. I mentioned his mother, and he rolled his eyes in exasperation. I wonder what a clingy mother is like? My mother is the complete opposite. She sends us on expeditions as strange and dangerous as this without batting an eyelash. Well, that's what she's always been like, so I'm used to it I guess. This is my first journey, though. I didn't think it would be anything like this. Come to think about it, Jack reminds me of Bridget. I wonder if they would get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment