Sunday, October 28, 2012

Entry #28

October 28'th, Sunday

I woke up to a cold boot to my face. It was a woodsman with an axe. He gave me quite a scare at first, but he helped me to my feet, and shared his breakfast(bread and cheese) with me. He chops wood for a living, and when I took a look at his hands, they were callused and strong all over. You can see the immortal power in this mans face, etched into every part of his body. He was probably in his forties, though maybe a bit older than that. I attempted to help him during his work, but I think it was just him putting up with my lame antics. In any case, it put my mind off of yesterday. He offered to give me a place to stay for the night, and I agreed. He has a pretty little house off in a little field part of the immense wood. I didn't think it would, but it has flowers all over. It's like a dream. The cuteness of the house is due to his wife, I think. She was there, and she is a dear little creature, completely the opposite of the woodsman. Gentleness beamed all out of her like a thick-frosting aura. Watching them interact was interesting, because they knew each other so well, it was almost like they were mind-reading.

We talked at dinner. I told them my story. They are the sort of people I can trust, if I think about it. They looked at each other, and the woodsman told me to reconsider the case with Fenrir, because I didn't know everything that was in him. Which is true. I still have a million questions. I'm just afraid to see his face again. I feel better after talking, though. It no longer seems so bad. I need to know why and how he killed me, though. Perhaps I can work something out. I feel a little bad now, leaving so abruptly. They must be worried. And I didn't even put in any thought for Peter. What I need now is not more mysteries, I need answers. Things still don't make sense. I shall have do something tomorrow, after a good night's sleep. Where am I to go now?


No comments:

Post a Comment