Thursday, October 25, 2012

Entry #25

October 25'th, Thursday

I hate change, normally. But if change becomes my new 'normal' than it would be sure I would hate to stay unchanging. I remember the warmth of Fenrir's hand yesterday when we rushed out of that chapel. It was really warm and comforting. I really wonder what he's hiding. Lately I've become more curious than ever. It almost feels like I'm a witches cat. How can he shape-shift? And that thing the Gingerbread Witch said when she saw him... ? I really don't know. But when I think about it, there's all these mysteries surrounding myself as well. Exactly when did I acquire sealing powers? Was it when I first met Fenrir and succeeded in his strange ritual of shooting fifty apples off that 'bad apple' tree? Actually, I should've wondered about that. But how does that work, really? Everything is in a giant, unsolvable puzzle with the individual pieces scattered here and there, even hiding under things. Even if change becomes my 'normal', I can get tired.

Technically, we don't know where to go anymore. We've traveled the vast majority of the wood(now that we took a look at a map), and we haven't even come across a snippet of information, or a glance of my granny. So after just wandering around, I walked into a gate, and the Cheshire Cat appeared there. "Remember me?" he said. Of course I remembered him. You tend to remember Cats that grin and turn invisible. And I told him so. We cast a few words back and forth at each-other, and he really is my god of direction control. He's like a fortune teller. "A pumpkin will roll in down the next road with Autumn leaves. Get in it and it will take you to your grandmother." And he disappeared again. Great, no matter how many times I see that, I will always end up appalled. But he was right. A pumpkin, right? Yes, a pumpkin carriage. The surprises never end. Drawn by some strange looking horses, but no matter! We jumped in anyways! Fenrir is sleeping on the roof, while Peter and I are inside having idle conversation. I asked him about his obsession with Fenrir, and 'Miss' Bird(Peter's bird) fluttered about here and there singing songs. All he said was that he tried to catch him and couldn't. As a punishment, his grandfather sent him out to fulfill this 'quest' , and wouldn't let him come home until he did. Not that it seemed to bother him much when I looked closely at his face. He seemed he enjoyed this funny sort-of journey. Well, I guess I do too, a little bit, at least. Ha ha. But if Peter was a knight, I think he would be a good one. Even braving his fear of heights for something like that. Well, you know. The carriage isn't stopping, and I'm falling asleep with the falling darkness. So goodbye to the world of reality for now. Hello world of Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment