Thursday, October 18, 2012

Entry #18

October 18'th, Thursday

It is amazing how a story works; everything leads to one huge conclusion, and then the end comes after it is all over and said with. Life is no story. It keeps going. Like today. I would've never had guessed. Never. A detective might have, but who really can fortell the future? We stopped by an old cottage on a poor farm, searching for directions, and the old lady who lived there begged us to find her 'Jack'. She cried and cried about how he had gone off up some bean plant (probably the one we saw yesterday) and how the queen's card soldiers had come and hacked it down before he returned. This struck me in a very special spot, and so I conceded and decided unwaveringly to find this 'Jack' despite of my own travel whims. Fenrir groaned at this, but went along with it anyways. The only way to get to Jack is if we go up the giant Pea Plant. I have figured this much out. So we're sort of traveling back a little ways to reach it. I've heard a few rumors I don't like though. About his "queen" and her ambitions. It makes me uneasy.

We met someone interesting today. He's now traveling with us. Another Peter has fallen from the sky! This one isn't a rabbit, though, and doesn't fly with Faerie Dust. A little bird travels with him wherever he goes. He jumped out at us on the trail, alarming me by waving his small gun around and screaming "I've got you now, Wolf!" Fenrir looked at him as though he was simply a dragonfly waving back and forth. Peter rushed at Fenrir, and Fenrir just pushed him down with his paw as though squishing a bug. Peter rolled and shouted under that paw, but eventually just gave up. I think it was first then that he actually noticed I was there. After some weird misunderstanding (I don't even understand what exactly went on) was talked over, he suddenly stated that he was coming with us. Fenrir let him keep his gun, and Peter kept conversation going all day. After traveling with Fenrir, I was entirely unused to it. But I talked back, and I think we've become a sort of friends despite his strange entrance. He keeps giving Fenrir some scowling looks now and then. We haven't reached the large Pea Plant yet, but I think we will tomorrow. I can see it towering in the short distance. We are camping outside again. It's strange, but fun to have another person in our group.

No comments:

Post a Comment