Saturday, October 13, 2012

Entry #13

October 13'th, Saturday

The normal days are returning at last... though just walking is entirely boring and makes you feel peckish all the time. After hearing that my granny's so far away, I feel like we're going at a snails pace. It makes me feel restless. And sleeping outside sure makes you feel stretchy in the morning. My muscles and bones hurt sometimes. It sure is getting cold, though. Freezing.

The headless horseman isn't so bad. He may be headless....but he's an okay guy! By my judgement.... A lot of people hate him in the next town, though. After seeing him eating some pumpkin pie, I just couldn't help but sit down next to him to get him to give some to me. I really am hungry all the time with just those accursed apples and mushrooms. I'm not too scared of anything crazy anymore, after what 'little novice' me has seen. He's an interesting character, though. He really likes pumpkins; more specifically, Jack O' lanterns. We stopped by his house on the way for some delicious(!) dinner, and it's practically laden with those things. Covering the roof, pathway, and windowsills. You can barely walk. He keeps them lit in the daytime too, to top it all off. People with obsessions are pretty amazing. I wonder why he didn't have a head though. I asked him at the table, but his skin turned pale(not his face, but yeah), and Fenrir told me to stop asking. He did whisper something about a 'queen', though. I wonder if there's such a person?

The horseman's horse is all black and shiny. His name is 'Shadow'. It's an appropriate name, seeing that his body really is literally made up of shadow. It looks pretty cool, like fog. But I wonder how it's possible anyone can ride him? His temperament is rather brash, though. Neighing loudly when he's hungry, glaring at you if even look at him for too long. Almost the polar opposite of the horseman, who's a bit shy. We're spending the night here tonight. I'm so happy, a real bed! It's not great, but it's wonderful to my back of an old woman right now. I laid down on it, and it really felt as if I was dreaming on a pile of clouds. Right before I jumped in at twilight, the horseman told me a story of one of his greatest embarrassments. He was riding through the wood to a local neighbor late at night, using a jack O' lantern as his light guide, when Shadow started running around in circles at something. The pumpkin came up out of his arms, and right onto his shoulders, like a giant orange head. Shadow took off, and unable to see anything, the horseman could do nothing to stop him. He heard someone screaming in front of him, but he couldn't do anything. Shadow finally stopped at a bridge, since he hates water, and the horseman was finally able to take off the pumpkin head. The person who had been screaming was Ichibod Crane; a person who later told everyone in his town about it, and who got the horseman hated even more. I think that is so unfair. If I ever meet this Crane man, I think I shall give him a piece of my mind. The reason Shadow was chasing him is unknown, though the horseman thinks it was because he just plain didn't like the look of his face. Shadow really is brash...

I really like the horseman and even Shadow, though he's a bit dark. Fenrir seems okay with him too; he didn't growl once through the entire encounter. He always growls at someone he doesn't like, so it must be safe to be here. I'm not worried anyway. This bed is really comfortable, and that dinner is a candle light in my stomach; meaning it was really good. I wonder what will happen tomorrow? I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment